Thursday, March 22, 2012

Everything in 3's

It's been said that bad things come in 3's and for my sake, I sure hope so and nothing more.  As I am trying to keep things in balance I am finding that things are becoming more primitive around here and not necessarily by choice.  Within the past month or so we have been without an oven due to a part that needs repaired that we have yet to purchase, we also had to recently replace our over the stove microwave and today discovered that our dishwasher needs a part replaced.  

Due to our oven going out, cooking has gotten much more creative and I am striving to better plan ahead.  We have not been able to toss in a quick frozen or homemade pizza when we can't decide what else to fix.  Going through this process hasn't been so bad however. I have found that when you don't have an oven that it is much more difficult to fix the junk foods we love....yes we could still microwave some of them but it just doesn't taste the same and I prefer not to use the microwave that often if I can help it.  Surprisingly, since our oven has been out of commission, our meals have become much healthier and the crock-pot is being used several times a week.  In fact, Saturday I am going to try a crock-pot lasagna recipe and am really looking forward to seeing how it may turn out.  Since spring is here we also can grill vegetables and hamburgers, which we are having tomorrow.  Yum!

Now that I have been creative enough to come up with cooking solutions around the broken oven, I guess I need to figure out how to get the dishes washed.....Ah, I think I have the perfect solution for that too!   I do in fact have a couple of dishwashers that can help with that by way of a son and a daughter.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment