Friday, March 2, 2012

Coupon Savings

Pin It

Drugstore trip: original total= $37.60 but only paid $6.27 after coupons


So I have a very busy life and again finding the balance in even the simple things, like saving money in purchases is very important.  I wish I could say that I save money like this every time I go shopping, however I would end up cutting into some very important things such as sleep and having a little downtime with my family.  In fact, posting this has energized me again to want to go crazy for some really great deals!  I do try to take time to push hard with the coupon thing every few months to at least try to stock up on the very expensive items that we use, but this is not something I have time to do on a weekly basis.

I have come to find that if you want to coupon well, it really becomes a dedicated part time job, so for those of you who have a little extra time for a part time job this would be a great way to supplement your income without having to go out and actually get a part time job.  When I first started cutting coupons I was so excited about "free" stuff that I spent time clipping every single coupon I found.  I have since learned that my time is also worth something, so now I cut coupons strategically.  I only cut the ones that I know we will use.  I really don't have time to sort through everything like I would like to do.   I now just use a few websites to see where the deals are with the coupons I have.  I'm still getting great deals since I'm not paying full price; in fact I'm buying items on sale AND using coupons, and again only purchasing what I need or know will get used.

I actually have a last weeks coupons still un-clipped sitting on my coffee table and will probably just wait until Sunday to clip them with this weeks new ones.  I keep them all organized in alphabetical order in a big binder filled with baseball card sleeves.  This really helps to quickly find the coupons I'm looking for.  I've kicked myself a few times when I've spontaneously gone into the grocery store for an item or two and left my binder either at home or in the care because without fail there is an awesome unadvertised deal or the items I was purchasing were on sale in a name brand that I had a coupon for.

I still have a long way to go to do this well, but knowing how much inflation we have seen recently saving anywhere can make a big difference.  I will soon discuss a little more in detail about some of the great dealsI have gotten and how I got them.  Thanks again for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment